What you'll do:As a Merchant Account Manager, you will work with local small and medium sized merchants around the US who are participating in the Buzz Points program. This will include on-boarding new merchants, providing them with the training to effectively use the Merchant Portal and having regular communication with them to ensure their full utilization and understanding of the program. You will also provide opportunities for the Merchant to purchase additional marketing programs and will upsell these opportunities to them to build and grow a network of local businesses. This role will have a direct and substantial impact on Buzz Points' local footprint. The ideal candidate is someone who has a wide variety of experience handling all customer issues, including questions about billing to how they can best use the program. The Merchant Account Manager will also be part of helping establish best practices to encourage merchant participation and reduce churn.
- Conduct on-boarding presentations via phone/internet to new merchants.
- Represent the Buzz Points brand and mission with honesty, integrity, and professionalism.
- Responsible for the overall performance of assigned accounts, which includes reporting key metrics on a weekly basis, and establishing best practices to keep our customers satisfied.
- Frequent communication with existing Buzz Points Merchants.
- Proactively manage each merchant account based on unique requests.
- Accurately record all required information and customer interactions into Salesforce CRM.
- Reach monthly quotas/metrics for account expansion and merchant churn as set by management.
- Responsible for exception reporting and account maintenance within Buzz Points platform as well as processing end of month duties and generating reports.
- Maintain Merchant updates and FI cancellations.
- Special Projects will be assigned as needed.
Key Personality Traits:Fit with our culture and natural leadership is important to the success of this role.
- You must have the high energy, tenacity, and positivity. You must be high integrity, laser focused, and have a "need to succeed" at whatever you do.
- And at the end of the day, you must be a natural relationship builder who loves opening doors, connecting, and building the ties that bind. You must believe that every interaction and every relationship is an investment in the company's future.
- Creative problem solver with excellent communication skills both oral and written along with a proven ability to influence others, internally and externally.
- You must bring a positive and professional attitude and an exceptional work ethic in everything you do.
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives while working independently.
- 0-2 years previous customer service experience (B2B/consultative sales is a plus)
- Salesforce Customer Relationship Management (CRM) experience required.
- 4 year Bachelor degree a plus.
- Extremely strong communication skills - which means active listening, problem solving, written communication.
- Self-Starter/Motivator who works well with others.
- Customer-centric approach to work.
- Solid computer skills, including Google Docs, Microsoft Office suite, etc.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Experience with point of sale terminals preferred.
- Unlimited vacation
- Paid Holidays
Company Culture• President's Club Annual Incentive Trip• Employee of the Quarter - Recognize and Reward your coworkers in meaningful ways• Sponsored Volunteer Days• Employee Events• Stocked Kitchen with drinks and snacks• Innovative Company cultureHealth & Welfare• PPO/HSA options for Medical, Dental, Vision with a substantial contribution from Buzz Points• Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, and Employee Assistance Program all provided in full by Buzz Points• 401K plan• HSA Account• Competitive Pay - Base + Commission (solid performers consistently meeting and exceeding targets have the potential to earn $50,000+ annually)• Stock options grantsBuzz Points is an equal opportunity employer. All final candidates will be subject to a pre-employment background check.To apply, please submit resume and salary history.