Leads assigned location to achieve COMP or New Store Sales through consistent operational excellence, discipline, and a committed team who execute flawlessly. Supports the District Manager by communicating company directives to their assigned store utilizing the one vision, one voice, one message strategy. The role of a Store Manager is to fulfill and execute the company mission statement on a daily basis. Is obsessive about our product, people and our customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for assigned Store exceeding Comp Sales and/or Sales Plan by training and coaching employees to execute operational efficiencies in order to drive-out a high velocity of units via price point. Ensures customer interaction expectations are focused on driving multi-pair sales.
• Maintains a commitment to the company's sales processes, values and business code of ethics.
• Monitors employee/customer interactions and provides constructive feedback on ways employees can improve service and increase sales.
• Responsible for driving customer traffic by participating in approved local events and/or marketing opportunities.
• Merchandise product by creating impactful, value-driven presentations to drive units and sales at a high velocity (IE: end-caps and floor stacks).
• Ensure that Outlet/Big Box store visual standards are met at all times by ensuring the proper mix and depth in key SKU's. Ensures that price-point drivers are in place to drive unit sales and liquidate product (IE: end caps, floor stacks and hash racks are full and properly maintained to standards).
• Proactively identifies various market opportunities and makes recommendations to District Manager for localized product and visual and marketing strategies.
• Identifies store's needs by using and analyzing vendor sales reports and/or altering sales floor layouts (displays) and making recommendations to District Manager.
• Ability to create excitement and show passion for the product by communicating relevant information about fitness, fashion and product knowledge to customers.
• Demonstrates the ability to develop a culture of recognition, accountability, discipline and urgency.
• Train staff on how to drive sales to fullest potential through continued development on product knowledge, customer service standards and visual presentation.
• Partners with Human Resources to hire, develop and retain top talent, as well as, address employee relations issues.
• Ability to build and maintain an effective succession plan for store.
• Ensures adequate staffing at all times, by appropriately scheduling staff based on business trend and making any necessary seasonal adjustments, within wage goal/budget. Maintains proper headcount for volume of store.
• Sets specific performance standards and ensures associates contribute to the company objectives.
• Mentors and develops key performers to be ready for career progression.
• Supervises employees by enforcing policies/procedures by documenting disciplinary actions, performance evaluations, and reporting incidents to Human Resources and Senior Management regarding any violations of company policies/procedures and preparing related documentation.
• Ensures all HR paperwork and training are current and kept in folders for associates per retention guidelines.
• Ability to complete new hire and other human resources paperwork timely and accurately.
• Responsible for managing the overall expense management and profitability of the assigned location including but not limited to Payroll, Expenses, and Supplies.
• Demonstrates the ability to follows The Promise and ensure all company customer service standards are consistently executed.
• Maintains proper inventory controls, facilitate inventory transaction and bulk counts.
• Manages bank deposits; responsible for delivering to the bank, with or without armored car service, every day at a specified location.
• Ability to complete store audits to ensure compliance with loss prevention policies and programs.
• Ensures price integrity and general pricing of product on the floors is reflective of current markdowns and markups per company directives.
• Ensures all sales are rung correctly and that all associates are trained on how to ring a transaction.
• Leads by example and works along-side staff performing work and teaching best practices (IE: shifting bins and walls of product). Expected physical work load and manual labor to be performed by management may be heavy (warehouse environment).
• Ensures inventory is checked in, stocked correctly on shelves and displayed within 24 hours of receipt per operational standards.
• Ensures Elite goals are met for the store and provides ongoing feedback to associates on their Elite goal progress.
• Ensures store is well maintained including but not limited to; dusting, mopping, windows and stockroom per company guidelines on housekeeping.Keeps daily record of store sales, scheduling, damages, mismates, deposit log, employee discounts, new hire paperwork, pay outs and visitor log. Audits daily records regularly to ensure completion.
• Delivers consistent quality feedback from company generated secret shop programs as well as customer feedback.
• Effectively implements the area of responsibility (AOR) program to improve ownership, development, execution and accountability of the management team.
• Completes the daily planner and ensures chat-ins and chat-outs during every shift.
• All employees are required to use ladders as an essential function of this job, as that is part of the daily duties to maintain the store's daily operations and in order to service customers. Therefore, dress code and safety policies must be followed. This is also outlined under the PHYSICAL DEMANDS section of the job description.
• Demonstrates the Skechers Key Behaviors for each Core Competency.
• Is a role model by presenting a professional image in appearance, words and action.
• Demonstrates excellent personal salesmanship and provides appropriate training to employees in order to develop their selling skills.
Other duties as necessary to maintain store's daily operations.
May be assigned to other locations based on business needs.
Manage all Supervisory functions.
• Ability to execute excellence to company standards at all times.
• Has demonstrated the ability to execute a financial plan.
• Must possess strong written and verbal communication.
• Must produce work that is accurate, thorough and meets requirements on consistent basis. Leads and develops team to do the same.
• It is a condition of employment, and responsibilities require, that you are flexible with regard to hours and days worked, including when we may need to increase or decrease your hours based on the needs of our business.
EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
• High school education or greater
• 3 years minimum retail management experience - footwear background preferred
• Hands on working knowledge of retail systems, human resources best practices and operations
• Proficiency in various computer equipment and software
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, policies/procedures, and operating and maintenance instructions.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Good cash handling skills required.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Use suggestive selling skills to build multiple sales.
Must have a background report (i.e. Criminal, DMV, Social Security) conducted and approved by the Loss Prevention Department.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to remain in a stationary position, walk, reach, with hands and arms, push, pull, grasp (simple/power), twist (neck/waist), stoop, bend, and kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee constantly positions him/herself, including under counters, fixtures or in storage areas to operate a variety of office machines, such as a cash register, computer, fax machine, calculator, computer printer, etc.; stock merchandise on shelves, counters and tables, handle inventory, clean the store, etc. The employee is required to consistently move about inside the store to greet and sell to clients, stock or arrange merchandise, inventory; clean the store, etc. The person in this position frequently communicates with customers, both in person and over the telephone, to meet, greet, service and to sell products; communicates with District Manager for direction, etc.; be able to document incidents; must be able to accurately exchange information in these situations. The employee frequently ascends/descends a mobile ladder or step stool to access shelves, stock shelves, arrange merchandise, clean the store, etc. The employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, carrying at a specified distance dependent on work area, or use the Buddy System, e.g., soliciting assistance from a co-worker.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to very loud music. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
Skechers USA is celebrating three straight years of double-digit sales growth and has opened over 65 new stores every year - we're now over 1200 stores strong and still growing! Skechers Culture is connected, sales and talent driven and shoe obsessed!